Check out these Halloween-inspired multi-colored funnel cakes! Try making them in local school colors or other combinations that will resonate with your customer base.
- 5 lb bag GM5100 Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake Mix
- Frying oil
- 90 oz. water
For green funnel cakes: 1/3 cup Green Apple Signature Blends
For orange funnel cakes: 1/3 cup Orange Signature Blends
For black funnel cakes: 1/3 cup Black Cherry Signature Blends
- Add coloring agent to funnel cake mix and stir
- Preparing the funnel cake batter
- Place 90oz. of water in a large container
- Using a blender on slow speed, or a whisk, slowly add the funnel cake mix
- Blend until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into a funnel pouring pitcher
- Making Your Funnel Cake
- Fill your shallow fryer to the recommended level with vegetable oil and heat to 400°F.
- Place the funnel cake mold in the fryer
- Pour batter into the mold from a funnel cake pitcher, starting with a circle of batter near the outer edge of the mold, then making a zig-zag overlapping design touching the outer edge circle.
- For multiple colors in one cake, alternate pouring colors from separate pitchers
- Do not overfill mold since the batter will expand as it cooks
- After approximately 30 seconds remove the mold and turn the funnel cake over with tongs to achieve a golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the funnel cake and let it cool briefly.
- Top with powdered sugar, ice cream, honey or any kind of your favorite toppings.